Job Reference: PAA551
Job Title: Sales and Development Manager - North
Location: North of England
Salary: Competitive Salary Package
Close Date: Ongoing
Our client is an award-winning direct selling company based in Northamptonshire who are looking to recruit a Sales and Development Manager to manage the activities of UK Consultants and increase the overall size of the business in the North of England.
Responsibilities will include:
• Work with Consultants on a one-to-one and team basis, through regular weekly visits, meetings and events in order to plan, develop and increase the size of their businesses.
• Participate in the annual budgeting cycle and develop, with the Manager, the strategy for achieving the budget
• Recommend appropriate and costed improvements to the compensation plan, reward activities and incentives for the field
• Work with the Commercial team, and data provided, to develop a strategy to ensure all major populated areas are adequately covered
• Propose additional training where necessary and assist in delivering it
• Propose and assist, as required, in the preparation of communications to the Consultants via various media
• Investigate and resolve customer complaints with the Commercial team, or recommend a course of action to Manager
• Maintain awareness of competitor activity
• Contribute towards the planning, implementation and delivery of Consultant Events, including the annual Convention
• Contribute fully as a member of the company’s Management Team
The successful applicant will have the following skills, attributes and experience:
• Minimum ‘A’ level standard level of education (or equivalent)
• Full experience in managing the performance and development of a direct sales team – setting objectives, researching markets and opportunities, reviewing performance, working with marketing teams
• Personal experience of working in direct to public (via networks) sales, preferably in a self-employed capacity
• Personal experience of working in a Sales and team development environment
• Strong ability to communicate effectively with, motivate and influence the Consultant base.
• Excellent presentation skills to lead at events, and influence a range of external stakeholders
• Ability to build rapport internally and work cross-functionally
• Full understanding of all aspects of direct sales to end users
• Ability to strategically plan and organise activities
• Developed analytical ability to interpret market data and requirements
• Proven experience of leading high performing teams to achieve outstanding results
• Intermediate level IT skills, especially in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The ability to travel within the UK and attend some evening and weekend events is also a requirement of this role. This role requires 3-4 days per week in the Field and 1-2 days per week in Head Office based in Northamptonshire.
For a full job description and more information on this exciting role, please send your CV to email@example.com or call us on +44 (0)1706 231-354